Turning 30. I’ll be honest- the thought actually frightens me. I’m trying to prepare myself, to embrace it. But every time I think about it I want to hide or bury my head under my pillow. In a lot of ways, I feel so far away from 30. I still dye purple streaks in my hair, wear black fingernail polish, and buy clothes from the ‘junior’ section . I tend to relate better to people who are are in their teens and twenties. I still dress up for Halloween and get carded when buying alcohol.
And then I think, I have to be turning 30 because I’m a wife and a mother. Even saying those words seems so crazy to me! If you’re reading this and you knew me in the past, you understand why. If not, I”ll tell you- I never wanted to have kids or get married. In fact, I hated the thought of settling down. But- wow- things can change! And I’m so very happy with my life and my little family.
So I’ve come up with a list of things I’d like to do before the big day (April 23rd). Maybe concentrating on doing these things will get my mind off of the one word I’m terrified of- ‘old’.
Here it is, I better get a move on!
30 before 30 list
1. Eat sushi, and enjoy it
2. Refinish my Granny’s old wooden bench
3. Sew something useful
4. Go to a concert
5. Take a dance or yoga lesson
6. Make a video montage of Dax’s first year
7. Paint my nails 10 different colors all at once
8. Have a family photo taken
9. Go to the aquarium
10. Bake purple cupcakes, from scratch
11. Use my sketchbook
12. Landscape the front yard
13. Paint the Boomerang table
14. Fly a kite
15. Go on a date with the hubs
16. Find my favorite type of wine
17. Open a savings account for Dax
18. Paint a picture
19. Make a robot out of scrap parts
20. Finish one of the many knitting projects I’ve started
21. Send a hand written letter to someone
22. Add on to my Wonderland tattoo
23. Stay away from my computer for more than 24 hours (includes internet on iphone)
24. Check out a book from the library and actually read it
25. Get my character to level 50 on Aion
26. Spend an entire day only creating new designs
27. Make beignets
28. Paint the hallway
29. Buy a piece of jewelry from France
30. Play DDR at the mall
I’d also like to document these with photos, so I’ll do my best.