I’ve recently been getting a lot of requests from my clients for a ‘related posts’ area at the bottom of their blog posts. You’ve probably seen them even if you may not remember- it’s usually a few thumbnails of posts with the title ‘Other posts you may like…’ or something similar. The point of these plugins are to engage your readers and make it easy for them to browse more of your website or blog’s content. I’ve tried a couple of plugins in the past, but I always keep coming back to the LinkWithin plugin. It’s relatively easy to setup, and I’ve recently found ways to customize it. I actually found out about this plugin in a Blogging Your Way class a couple of years ago!
1. The first thing you’ll need to do is head on over to the LinkWithin website.
2. Next you’ll need to fill in the fields and choose your options, then click ‘Get Widget’.
3. Save the .zip file to your computer.
4. From your wordpress dashboard, go to Plugins->Add New->Upload.
5. Upload the .zip file you just saved, and activate the plugin.
And that’s really all there is to it! You should now see something similar to the above image displayed under your blog posts. Easy, wasn’t it?
If you’d like to go a bit further and do some customizations on LinkWithin, check this out.