Yes! Dax’s birthday/costume party invites are finally complete and on their way to our guests. I’m so excited to share these with you.
You may remember that we decided on the Wizard of Oz to be the theme for Dax’s 3rd birthday party. I used one of my photos from the balloon festival for the main invitation, since Dax loves hot ‘air balloons’. I also wanted to incorporate Emerald City- since it’s Dax’s favorite part of the Wizard of Oz (and he loves green, too!). Here’s what I came up with…
I also had this amazingly cute idea for the RSVP wording, what do you think?
If you’re wondering how to make something like this- here’s what I did:
- Painted dowel rods metallic emerald green, let dry
- Cut dowel rods to size and sanded ends. Touch up cut edge with paint.
- Glittered the tips with emerald green glitter by dipping them in a shallow container of glue, then glitter.
- Designed and printed the invitations on parchment paper & the rsvps on smooth ivory stock.
- Glittered the hot air balloon with glue, paintbrush, and iridescent glitter.
- Attached the invitation to the rods and rolled them up.
- Finished off by tying them with double face emerald satin ribbon.
- Printed addresses on metallic gold envelopes & rsvp envelopes.
- Mail them to guests! ;)
*I had to tie the scrolls rather tight to keep my envelope under 3/4″. This way the invitations fell into the ‘large envelope’ class, and only require 2 First Class Stamps to mail, and 1 for the RSVP card.
Now on to Dax’s costume- the tin man costume didn’t work out so well… so I had another idea. What do you think he’s going to be now? ;)